Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"God Gave Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Absolutely love this book. A emotion provoking children's story of a mama bear telling her baby cub the story of where she came from.

This book generates questions and answers for anyone who might want a cute way to talk about the subject of having a baby to one of their little ones. I mean, who hasn't had their kid ask them, "Mommy, where did I come from?" Let's face it, when your 1-2-3-4-5 year old is asking that question, you should be a little delicate on how you answer --I'd actually go a little higher in age, but that's my opinion.

Everytime I read this book to my grandchildren, I make a point of looking in their eyes when I repeat the phrase, "God gave us you."

It's a feel "loved" kind of book. It has kid loveable art work, and the story fits perfectly with the art.

This book is a keeper! It's something I can pass onto my grandchildren when they are grown and having kids of their own. A timeless treasure to be shared and enjoyed over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings by outbrain